School of Doctoral Studies at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje
The introduction of the third cycle - doctoral studies as real studies by leaving the current way of acquisition of PhD title, is one of the most important reforms in the higher education in the Republic of Macedonia, hence in Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje.
The established PhD model of Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, following the developed European universities, is the first of its kind, not only in the country, but also in the Balkans. At the same time, the concept of the organization of doctoral studies in the School of Doctoral Studies is one of the basic characteristics of the integrative action of the University.
The doctoral studies last three years, which amounts to 180 ECTS credits.
The study programmes consist of:
1. Training for research work, that corresponds to 30 ECTS credits;
2. Teaching, that corresponds to 30 ECTS credits;
3. Application, preparation and defense of doctoral dissertation, which corresponds to 120 ECTS credits
The training for research work comprises:
• three subjects for gaining generic knowledge and skills for research work that corresponds to 12 ECTS credits (each of the subjects in this part correspond to 4 ECTS credits), i. e. the following subjects: Scientific-research ethics, one of the group of subjects in Methodology of research work and one of the provided list of other subjects in training for research work. The list of other subjects is approved by the Doctoral Studies University Board upon a proposal of the study programmes organizers.
• Doctoral seminars, conferences and workshops on research practice that corresponds to 18 ECTS credits.
The teaching comprises subjects of the field, research area and the specific research area that corresponds to 30 ECTS credits.